At Museum Victoria we demonstrate our commitment to high quality customer service by providing:
- great spaces
- inspiring and engaging experiences
- knowledge and learning through our collections and research
- responsive staff
- environmentally responsible practices.
Your feedback helps us assess how we deliver on our commitment. Our customer service policies and practices are regularly reviewed.
Museum Victoria’s customers include visitors to our venues and online; participants in our offsite programs; our members and volunteers; researchers; students; government agencies; cultural institutions; partners, sponsors and other stakeholders.
Our Service Standards
Museum Victoria’s Service Standards help us deliver a high level of customer service. Our staff will:
- warmly greet, acknowledge and welcome you at every point of contact
- listen to what your needs are, and strive to meet or exceed your expectations
- respond to your enquiry or issue and bring it to a resolution
- help create an experience relevant to you by explaining our services, facilities and products.
How to contact us
At our museums:
Our staff, and/or via our dedicated computer stations (located in the main foyers)
To the Customer Service Manager at (select a venue) Melbourne Museum,
Scienceworks, Immigration Museum, Royal Exhibition Building or IMAX at:
GPO Box 666
Melbourne VIC 3001
Melbourne Museum: 03 8341 7777
Scienceworks Museum: 03 9392 4800
Immigration Museum: 03 9927 2700
IMAX: 03 9663 5454
Visit the Contact Us page on our website.
When we receive written correspondence from you a staff member will respond in writing within 7 days. If the matter requires more time, you will be informed of the intended actions and timelines.
We aim to meet your needs
What you tell us will influence the decisions we make to continue to realise Museums of which all Victorians and visitors to Victoria can be proud.
Anonymity and privacy
Museum Victoria respects the privacy of individuals and complies with the Information Privacy Act (Vic) 2000 in the collection, use, storage, management, provision of access to and disposal of information.