Donations to Museum Victoria enable us to grow and protect the State Collection and present Victoria’s natural history, Indigenous cultures and social history to audiences throughout Victoria and across the world.
Support your museum - Donate Now!
You can also donate via mail by downloading our donation form. Download Donations (PDF, 47KB) form.
If you would like information about donating objects to Museum Victoria, please see our information page on donating items.
If your browser is unable to view Acrobat PDF files, you will need to download and install Acrobat Reader. With a slow internet connection, PDF files may take some time to open.
Here are some examples of what your donation could achieve:
- $25 can deliver a Reminiscing Kit to an Aged Care Facility for a fortnight
- $30 provides cockroaches to feed the spiders that appear in the Bugs Alive! exhibition for a fortnight
- $110 can send the Discovery Program ‘Museum in a Van’ to visit a school in western Victoria for one day
- $270 can acquire an item of Indigenous Australian art, such as a painted necklace made in central Australia
- $500 can purchase an historic document, such as a 1930 Derby Day Program featuring Phar lap
- $1,000 is enough to deliver a Science Morning Tea program (3 museums sessions) for pre-schoolers and their parents from a disadvantaged community
- $3,000 funds a dinosaur dig at Inverloch for one week. This dig has produced 85% of all Australian prehistoric mammal fossils and also a large number of dinosaur fossils.
- $14,000 is enough to produce an entertaining and educational school holidays show for families that explores the museum’s collections.
Museums Board of Victoria ABN 63 640 679 155 is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient. Gifts of $2 or more to Museums Board of Victoria are tax deductible.
If you would like more information on how your donation could help Museum Victoria, please contact us via ph: 03 8341 7772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org