Secondary Work Experience Placements
Important Notice: Museum Victoria no longer has a Work Experience Program and is not accepting applications.
Tertiary Work Placements
Museum Victoria welcomes applications for short, unpaid work placements or internships from tertiary students studying in a field relevant to the range of Museum Victoria departments located at Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks or the Immigration Museum.
Applications will only be considered if:
- The student is currently in the second year of an undergraduate course or above.
- The placement is authorised by the university/college.
- The university/college provides public liability insurance for the student whilst they are on placement.
Applications should be made in writing to the Vocational Education Coordinator and must include:
- A cover letter stating why and when the student wishes to do their work placement/internship in a particular department or at Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks or Immigration Museum.
- A résumé detailing any employment history, achievements and relevant skills.
- A copy of the student’s most recent statement of results.
Students are encouraged to check our Student Research Projects page for specific work placement opportunities and to call the Vocational Education Coordinator on 8341 7335 with any enquiries.
Please continue to explore other work experience opportunities.
Telephone: (03) 8341 7335, Monday and Thursday
Postal address: Vocational Education Coordinator
GPO Box 666