Manager, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre
Caroline Martin, Manager of Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre
Image: Steven Rhall
Caroline Martin was appointed Manager of Bunjilaka in March 2004. Prior to this, Caroline was a Senior Policy Adviser for the State Government Departments of Education and Human Services.
Caroline is a direct descendant of the Briggs family and Traditional Owner of Boon Wurrung Country. Her traditional lands extend from the Werribee River to inland Melbourne and along the Mornington Pennisula coast to Wilsons Promontory.
Caroline has held many committee membership and executive roles on a vast variety of Boards of Management over 27 years. Caroline's most recent roles include:
- Koorie Advisory member - Circus Oz
- Aboriginal Advisory Committee to the Board of the National Trust of Australia (Vic)
- Chairperson of Aboriginal Tourism Victoria
- National Indigenous Taskforce Member for the return of Ancestral Remains
- Executive member of the Common Fate Board
- Chairperson, Margaret Tucker Hostel
- Elected ATSIC Region Councillor (Vic).
Caroline is an alumnus of the Committee for Melbourne and a Churchill Fellow.
Phone (03) 8341 7300