Search the collections
Leaflet - Order of Service, East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation, 1940 Reg. No: HT 8402
- Order of Service for the East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation, dated 1940. The East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation was formed in 1857 under the leadership of Reverend Moses Rintel following his leave from the Melbourne Hebrew Congregation. They received a government land grant in 1859 on the corner of Little Lonsdale Street and Stephen Street (today Exhibition Street), and in 1860 erected a small synagogue on the site. In 1870 the congregation moved to a new site in Albert Street, East Melbourne, where a new synagogue building was consecrated in 1877.
- Single sheet, blank ink printed on white.
|Dimensions:||12.80 cm (Width), 20.20 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||jewish communities, jewish customs, jewish immigration, religions judaism, religions|
|Themes this item is part of:||Cultural Diversity Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Tertiary Classification:||service programs|
|Inscriptions:||Melbourne Hebrew Congregation/ORDER OF SERVICE|
|Issued By:||East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1940|