Search the collections
Storage Case - Archery Arrows, circa 1950s Reg. No: HT 27005
- Wooden storage case used for storing archery arrows, used by Gerry Hevey, founder and president of Kew City Bowmen, Kew, Victoria.
Gerry Hevey (born 1899) joined his first archery club in Ballarat in 1945. In 1948 he established the Archery Society of Victoria, and in 1948, after moving to Melbourne, he established the Kew City Bowmen. He participated in the first national archery championships held in Sydney in 1948.
- A wooden metal-hinged case covered in leather-look vinyl with a metal lockable latch (key missing) and a vinyl-wrapped metal handle. Each corner has a metal corner protector covering it, attached with metal studs. The top right hand corner has text painted in yellow. There is a ripped page (with some text) attached with adhesive to the inside of the lid.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Gerry Hevey, 1986
|Dimensions:||114 mm (Height), 255 mm (Width), 740 mm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||archery, sports, equipment, sportsmen|
|Themes this item is part of:||Arms Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Painted on lid: ' G. Hevey / Pres [illegible] / Kew City Bowmen '
On page inside lid: ' [missing page] ong Reds / [missing page] blue / [missing page]yellow / [missing page]orts / [missing page] Freds '
|User:||Mr Gerry Hevey, Kew, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|