Search the collections
Similar items over time
Hat - Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, 2003 Reg. No: HT 9406
- Hat with brim and logo worn by a participant at the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering. This hat was donated by one of the Gathering's sponsors, Devondale.
- Dark navy hat with wide brim and adjustable chin strap, printed corporate logo on the front.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets, handcrafted goods and sponsorship items. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend. Sponsored gifts, such as this hat, are provided from a range of sponsors that vary from small local businesses to larger Victorian-based farming businesses and industries.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, 2004
|Tagged with:||hats, politics, agriculture, rural victoria, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, community groups, women s associations, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||clothing accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Embroidered text: Devondale / WHOLLY AUSTRALIAN.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 2003|
|Place & Date Used:||Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 2003|