Search the collections
Mug - Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, 2003 Reg. No: HT 9407
- Mug given to all participants at the Yarram 2003 Women on Farms Gathering. This was used by participants at the Gathering.
The mug is a very practical recurring ritual of the Gatherings, whereby each participant is given a mug and must then use it for all catering events over the weekend, thus eliminating the need to hire extra crockery and someone to wash-up. It is also a souvenir to take home, reminding the participant of the Gathering weekend.
- Light blue drinking cup, plastic, 'Made in Australia', with white on blue logo, 'Yarram 2003 WOFG' 'Securing the future'
- Statement Of Significance:
- This mug was given to all participants at the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering. A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and range from practical items - such as this mug - to other assorted items that are associated with the region that the Gathering is held, such as local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, 2004
|Dimensions:||8.20 cm (Height), 10.50 cm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 2003 Yarram WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Yarram 2003/WOFG/Securing the future.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 2003|
|Place & Date of Event:||Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 28 Mar 2003-30 Mar 2003|
|User:||Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 2003|