Search the collections
Similar items over time
Polo Shirt - Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, 2003 Reg. No: HT 9410
- Blue polo neck shirt with logo. This shirt was worn by members of the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering organising committee. During the weekend all members of the committee wore blue shirts, blue scarves and yellow name tags so that they could be easily recognisable to Gathering attendees. Reflecting on the experience of organising the 2003 Yarram Gathering, the committee wrote in the 2003 Yarram Gathering Program: 'We are fortunate to have a committee and it is a pleasure to work together. All members have worked hard and learnt much. Each has been prepared to step well out of their personal comfort zone to achieve this weekend. We are proud of our achievements and do hope all those attending have a pleasant weekend. Committee members can easily be identified by their blue shirts and blue scarves and yellow name tags'.
- A blue polo neck shirt, cotton, yellow logo above the pocket reads 'Yarram Women on Farms'.
- Statement Of Significance:
- This object was collected by the Chairperson of the organising committee for the 2003 Yarram Gathering. It represents and celebrates the voluntary work of those women who worked on the committee to bring about the Gathering. A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the voluntary nature of these events. Women from the local region usually come together approximately one to two years prior to the Gathering to begin planning and organising, which includes securing a venue, sponsorship, accommodation, catering, publicity, tours, workshops and speakers. During the event the organising committee continue to oversee and run the Gathering, and it is customary for them to wear something that will make them identifiable to Gathering participants. Objects such as this blue polo shirt represent the voluntary contribution that these women have made not only to the Gatherings themselves, but also to their local communities and to the wider rural women's movement in Australia.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, 2004
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, 2003 Yarram WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Embroidered text: 'YARRAM/WOMEN ON FARMS'.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 2003|
|User:||Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, Victoria, Australia, 28 Mar 2003-30 Mar 2003|