Search the collections
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, 2003 Reg. No: HT 9415
- Cloth carry bag used by delegates at the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce.
- A large square cream cloth bag with shoulder strap, printed blue logo depicting a keyhole logo, 'Yarram 2003'.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 2003 Yarram Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, 2004
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Yarram 2003 / WOFG /Securing the Future / Sponsor-Murray Goulburn.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 2003|
|Place & Date Used:||Victoria, Australia, 2003|