Search the collections
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, Warragul,1999 Reg. No: HT 9428
- Calico carry bag given to each participant of the 1999 Warragul Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants during registration and contained information pamphlets showcasing the surrounding areas, along with an accompanying map from local industry, agri-business and government departments. A Gathering mug and sundry samples from local businesses and banks were also included in the bag.
- A square calico bag with single shoulder strap. Dark green screen printed logo depicting a windmill, hills and clouds with lettering above and below the main feature.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 1999 Warragul Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Merlyn Rendell - Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, 2004
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, 2009 Warragul WoFG, 1999 Warragul WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: 10th Annual Gathering / 1999 /WOF / Women on Farms / WARRAGUL / AUSTRALIA / Celebrating Success from Challenge.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 1999|
|Place & Date Used:||Warragul, Victoria, Australia, 1999|