Search the collections
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, Macedon Ranges (Kyneton), 2002 Reg. No: HT 9430
- Cloth carry bag used by delegates at the 2002 Macedon Ranges (Kyneton) Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce.
- Cream calico bag with single shoulder strap, screen printed in black on one side with a sponsor logo and text and the Macedon Ranges logo and text only.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 2002 Kyneton Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Bronwyn Wilson, 2005
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 2002 Macedon Ranges (Kyneton) WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Telstra / Country Wide / Telstra Country Wide / proudly supporting / the Macedon Ranges / Women on Farms Gathering / April 2002.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 2002|
|Place & Date Used:||Kyneton, Victoria, Australia, 2002|