Search the collections
Similar items over time
Mug - Women on Farms Gathering, Macedon Ranges (Kyneton), 2002 Reg. No: HT 9431
- Mug given to each participant of the 2002 Macedon Ranges (Kyneton) Women on Farms Gathering in their Gathering Bag on registration.
The mug is a very practical recurring ritual of the Gatherings, whereby each participant is given a mug and must then use it for all catering events over the weekend, thus eliminating the need to hire extra crockery and someone to wash-up. It is also a souvenir to take home, reminding the participant of the Gathering weekend.
- Black ceramic mug with handle stamped on one side with State Government Victoria logo and 'Department of Natural Resources and Environment' and 'Rural Women's Network Victoria'. The other side has 'Macedon Ranges Women on Farms Gathering 2002 Kyneton' and the triangle logo of the Gathering.
- Statement Of Significance:
- These items were given to all participants at the Macedon Ranges Women on Farms Gathering, and continue the tradition of providing practical 'souvenirs' for participants.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Bronwyn Wilson, 2005
|Dimensions:||9.40 cm (Height), 12.00 cm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 2002 Macedon Ranges (Kyneton) WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: 'Macedon Ranges/Women on Farms Gathering/2002'|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 2002|
|Place & Date Used:||Kyneton, Victoria, Australia, 12 Apr 2002-14 Apr 2002|
|Sponsor:||Rural Women's Network Department for Victorian Rural Communities, Victoria, Australia, 2002|