Search the collections
Badge - Women on Farms Gathering, Bendigo, 1997 Reg. No: HT 9531
- Badge worn by participants at the 1997 Bendigo Women on Farms Gathering, with logo/theme 'Over the fence - Across the World'. The badges came in different colours, including white, yellow and blue.
- Light blue badge with circular design depicting a woman in the centre and city buildings, grazing stock and a post and rail fence, surrounded with logo 'Over the fence - across the world, Bendigo, 1997'.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The badge from the Bendigo Gathering symbolises unity and rural sisterhood across the farming sector, and indicates a sense of connection with rural women across the world. This Gathering occurred in 1997, a few years following the Melbourne International Conference on Women in Agriculture, and reflected the number of Australian women who had been involved in international forums and conferences. The Bendigo theme, 'Over the Fence - Across the World' was concerned with redefining the boundaries of activities and interests, beyond the local to the global.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Margaret Jansen, 2002
|Dimensions:||6.80 cm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||promotional materials|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Over the fence - across the world / BENDIGO 1997.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, 1997|
|Place & Date of Event:||Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, 1997|