Search the collections
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, Ararat, 1996 Reg. No: HT 9532
- Cloth carry bag used by delegates at the1996 Ararat Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce.
- Natural cotton rectangular carry bag with shoulder strap. Dark green screen printing on both sides depicting a diamond shaped logo with a woman in a wide brimmed hat surrounded by sheep, crops, cattle and wine on one side, and block printed text on the other.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 1996 Ararat Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Margaret Jansen, 2002
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 1996 Ararat WoFG, 1997 Bendigo WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Front: KEEPING THE STRENGTH IN RURAL COMMUNITIES / ARARAT / 1996.
Reverse: 7th Annual Women on Farms Conference
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 1996|
|Place & Date Used:||Ararat, Victoria, Australia, 1996|