Search the collections
Similar items over time
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, North East (Beechworth), 2001 Reg. No: HT 9534
- Cloth carry bag used by delegates at the 2001 North East (Beechworth) Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce. Students from the Myrtleford High School made and screen printed the calico bags for this Gathering.
- Natural cotton rectangular carry bag with shoulder strap, green printed logo depicting a computer screen, two women joining hands in the shape of a satellite dish, with a stylized image of an agricultural seed head.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 2001 North East (Beechworth)l Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Margaret Jansen, 2002
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 2001 North East (Beechworth) WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: the new pioneers / Women on Farms / Gathering 2001.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 2001|
|Place & Date Used:||Beechworth, Victoria, Australia, 2001|