Search the collections
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, Glenormiston, 1994 Reg. No: HT 9535
- Dark green cloth carry bag used by delegates at the 1994 Glenormiston Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce.
- Medium weight green fabric carry bag, rectangular with two self fabric handles, screen printed in black depicting Gathering logo with fan shaped design including stock and crops. 'Department of Agriculture' is printed in small letters near base of bag.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 1994 Glenormiston Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Margaret Jansen, 2002
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 1994 Glenormiston WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: GLENORMISTON 1994 / WOMEN ON FARMS / GATHERING.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 1994|
|Place & Date Used:||Glenormiston, Victoria, Australia, 1994|