Search the collections
Bag - Calico, 'Dare to Dream', Women on Farms Gathering, Healesville, Yarra Valley, 2000 Reg. No: HT 9966
- Cloth carry bag used by delegates at the 2000 Yarra Valley (Healesville) Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce.
- A rectangular calico bag with shoulder strap, green screen printed logo depicting a farming woman and farmyard scene.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 2000 Yarra Valley ( Healesville) Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Ann Jarvis, 2003
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: WOMEN ON FARMS GATHERING / 2000 / Dare to Dream / Women Farming the New Millennium / HEALESVILLE-YARRA VALLEY.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 2000|
|Place & Date Used:||Healesville, Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia, 2000|