Search the collections
Similar items over time
Registration Bag - Women on Farms Gathering, Horsham, 2004 Reg. No: HT 10092
- Carry bag used by delegates at the 2004 Horsham Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was given to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration and contained a range of local pamphlets, tourist information and samples of regional produce.
- Black heavy duty nylon bag with one zipped front pocket and zipper closure at top of main section. Heavy black nylon webbing shoulder strap, adjustable with metal buckle and attached to bag by metal rectangular rings and webbing loops. Front is trimmed with piping and base is a separately cut panel of fabric. Bag is padded with insulating material and lined in silver grey plastic. Front pocket is screen printed in strong pink lettering above a cartoon style logo of a woman dancing with the sun to one side and a butterfly to the other. On the back an identity card pocket of black vinyl and black nylon mesh is stitched near the base. A white leather grain card with Liza Dale-Hallett, No. 36, is inserted in pocket.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 2004 Horsham Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett, 2005
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, bags, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, farms, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 2004 Horsham WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: 15th Women on Farms Gathering / March 26th, 27th, 28th / Stubble Sisters Strut their Stuff / HORSHAM 2004.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Victoria, Australia, 2004|
|Place & Date Used:||Horsham, Victoria, Australia, 2004|