Search the collections
Hat - Women on Farms Gathering, Horsham, 2004 Reg. No: HT 10093
- Strong pink cotton hat with 2004 Horsham Women on Farms Gathering label applied to crown. This hat was contained within the 'Gathering pack' that was given to participants as they arrived at the Gathering on the Friday afternoon. The Gathering pack also included a range of other practical items such as health information brochures and maps, a farm safety video, sunscreen samples, magazines and a thermal travel mug. The Gathering packs were packaged by thirty-five local volunteers during a morning working bee.
- Small hat in cyclamen pink cotton drill fabric, constructed with a top and 2 side panels in the crown and a double layered brim with parallel rows of stitched. Front of crown has a white fabric label iron on label with wording "WOFG 2004 Horsham". Maker's label is stitched to inside head band. Paper slip with washing instructions tucked inside headband.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and range from practical items - such as this hat - to other assorted items that are associated with the region that the Gathering is held, such as local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett, 2005
|Tagged with:||politics, agriculture, rural life, gender issues, globalisation, work, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||clothing accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Text: WOFG 2004/Horsham.|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Horsham, Victoria, Australia, 2004|
|Place & Date of Event:||Horsham, Victoria, Australia, 16 Mar 2004-18 Mar 2004|