Search the collections
Similar items over time
Artificial Teeth - Porcelain Cuspid & Molar, DeTrey's Diatorics, circa 1925 Reg. No: HT 11829
- Set of porcelain teeth for dentures, comprising cuspids and molars. Made by DeTrey's Diatorics for the Amalgamated Dental Co. Limited, London, England, circa 1925. Used in the mental health hospital Lakeside Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
- Artificial teeth made of porcelain, off white in colour. Attached to dark green card with wire in one set of two rows of eight teeth, and one row of eight teeth - the second row missing. The manufacturer's details, mould number and shade number are printed in silver ink on the front and reverse.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dentistry performed in psychiatric hospitals in Victoria Australia
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Lakeside Mental Hospital
|Dimensions:||1.0 cm (Height), 8.4 cm (Width), 6.2 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric services, hospitals|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Dentistry|
|Tertiary Classification:||dental prosthetics|
|Inscriptions:||Front: 'DETREY'S REVELATION ANATOMICAL DIATORICS / MOULD 99 / SHADE 7'
Reverse: 'THE AMALGAMATED DENTAL CO. LIMITED / REVELATION ANATOMICAL DIATORICS / LONDON, ENGLAND'
|Distributor:||Amalgamated Dental Co. Ltd., London, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|
|Place & Date Used:||Lakeside Mental Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1925|
|References:||Card with exhibit|