Search the collections
Artificial Teeth - Incisors, Anatoform, circa 1925 Reg. No: HT 11916
- Set of six porcelain incisor teeth for dentures, Anatoform brand, made circa 1925. Distributed by the Amalgamated Dental Trade Distributors Ltd, London. Used in the Lakeside Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
- Six artificial teeth made of porcelain, off white in colour. Arranged in a single row and set in a rectangle of red resin with a metal backing. Details of the mould, shade and manufacture are imprinted onto the resin in white. The distributor's name is etched into the metal on the reverse. The resin has surface cracks.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dentistry performed in psychiatric hospitals in Victoria Australia
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Lakeside Mental Hospital
|Dimensions:||0.4 cm (Height), 6.0 cm (Width), 2.3 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric services, dentistry, hospitals, making history - psych services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Dentistry|
|Tertiary Classification:||dental prosthetics|
|Inscriptions:||Front: 'ANATOFORM / NEW HUE / MADE IN ENGLAND - PAT 526017 / M / 32 / S 67'
Reverse: 'AMALGAMATED DENTAL / TRADE DISTRIBUTORS LTD / LONDON W.I.'
|Distributor:||Amalgamated Dental Co. Ltd., London, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|
|Place & Date Used:||Lakeside Mental Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1925|