Search the collections
Artificial Teeth - Incisors, Anatoform, circa 1925 Reg. No: HT 11917
- Set of six porcelain incisor teeth for dentures, Anatoform brand, made circa 1925. Distributed by the Amalgamated Dental Trade Distributors Ltd, London. Used in the Lakeside Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
- Six artificial teeth made of porcelain, off white in colour. Arranged in a single row and set in a rectangle of red resin with a metal backing. Details of the mould, shade and manufacture are imprinted onto the resin in white. The distributor's name is etched into the metal on the reverse.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dentistry performed in psychiatric hospitals in Victoria Australia
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Lakeside Mental Hospital
|Dimensions:||0.4 cm (Height), 6.0 cm (Width), 2.3 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric services, dentistry, hospitals, making history - psych services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Dentistry|
|Tertiary Classification:||dental prosthetics|
|Inscriptions:||Front: 'ANATOFORM / NEW HUE / MADE IN ENGLAND - PAT 526017 / M / 34 / S 64 / 65'
Reverse: 'AMALGAMATED DENTAL / TRADE DISTRIBUTORS LTD / LONDON W.I.'
|Distributor:||Amalgamated Dental Co. Ltd., London, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|
|Place & Date Used:||Lakeside Mental Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1925|
|References:||Card with exhibit|