Search the collections
Artificial Teeth - Porcelain Cuspid & Molar, DeTrey's Diatorics, circa 1925 Reg. No: HT 11936
- Set of porcelain teeth for dentures, comprising cuspids and molars. Made by DeTrey's Diatorics for the Amalgamated Dental Co. Limited, London, England, circa 1925. Used in the mental health hospital Lakeside Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
- A set of "De Trey's Diatorics" porcelain dental teeth, comprised of cuspids and molars. Shade 03, mould 1S. Two sets of eight teeth arranged on two lines, [two other lines of teeth are missing], and attached to a burgandy coloured cardboard mount.
Two lines of teeth missing from board. Corners of board are bent and worn.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dentistry performed in psychiatric hospitals in Victoria Australia
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Lakeside Mental Hospital
|Dimensions:||5.7 cm (Height), 8.3 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric services, dentistry, hospitals|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Dentistry|
|Tertiary Classification:||dental prosthetics|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on front: 'DETREY'S DIATORICS / MOULD / 1S / SHADE / 03 / MADE IN ENGLAND.'
Printed on back: 'THE AMALGAMATED DENTAL CO., LIMITED / LONDON / ENGLAND'
|Distributor:||Amalgamated Dental Co. Ltd., London, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|
|Place & Date Used:||Lakeside Mental Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1925|
|References:||Card with exhibit|