Search the collections
Artificial Teeth - Porcelain Cuspid & Molar, New Vityre, circa 1925 Reg. No: HT 11948
- Set of cuspid and molar porcelain teeth for making up dentures, manufactured by New Vityre, circa 1925. Part of the dental equipment used at the mental health hospital Lakeside Hospital Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
- A set of "New Vityre" porcelain dental teeth, comprised of cuspids and molars. One set of eight teeth arranged on one line, on a rectangular piece of metal.
One tooth is loose.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dentistry performed in psychiatric hospitals in Victoria Australia
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Lakeside Mental Hospital
|Dimensions:||1.4 cm (Height), 5.8 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric services, dentistry, hospitals, making history - psych services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Dentistry|
|Tertiary Classification:||dental prosthetics|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on front: 'M NEW VITRYE ...... / MADE IN ENGLAND'
Stamped on back: 'AMALGAMATED DENTAL TRADE / DSTRIBUTORS LTD., / LONDON W1'
|Distributor:||Amalgamated Dental Co. Ltd., London, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|
|Place & Date Used:||Lakeside Mental Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1925|
|References:||Card with exhibit|