Search the collections
Artificial Teeth - Porcelain Cuspid & Molar, DeTrey's Diatorics, circa 1925 Reg. No: HT 11954
- Porcelain cuspid and molar teeth for dentures. Manufactured by DeTrey's Revelation Anatomical Diatorics and distributed by the Amalgamated Dental Co. Limited, in England, circa 1925. Used in the psychiatric hospital Lakeside Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
- A set of "De Trey's Diatorics" porcelain dental teeth, comprised of cuspids and molars. Shade 9, mould 110. Two sets of teeth arranged in two lines, and wired to a burgundy coloured cardboard mount.
- Statement Of Significance:
- Example of dentistry performed in psychiatric hospitals in Victoria, Australia
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Lakeside Mental Hospital
|Dimensions:||3.1 cm (Height), 8.4 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric services, dentistry, hospitals, making history - psych services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Dentistry|
|Tertiary Classification:||dental prosthetics|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on front: 'DETREY'S DIATORICS / MOULD / 110 / SHADE / 9 / MADE IN U.S.A.'
Printed on back: 'THE AMALGAMATED DENTAL CO. LIMITED / LONDON. ENGLAND'
|Distributor:||Amalgamated Dental Co. Ltd., London, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|
|Place & Date Used:||Lakeside Mental Hospital, Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1925|
|References:||Card with exhibit|