Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Manufacturer Collingwood, Australia
Catalogue - Motor Coats, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1927 Reg. No: HT 12357
- Catalogue titled "Simpson's Motor Coats of Glove Leather", issued by Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., Victoria. Circa 1927.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Small catalogue featuring a thin, light brown card cover. The front features a sketch of a motor car, in black ink, with the title printed below, in black and red. The name and address of the manufacturing company is printed on the back cover in black lettering. Inside are eleven pages, off-white in colour, printed with dark brown text, describing the product, and illustrated with sketches of motor cars. Also features two black and white photographs of an adult man and woman modelling the coats, a price list and a perforated order form at the back. The catalogue is secured with two metal staples along the spine.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||8.5 cm (Width), 14.3 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||gloves, leather products, manufacturing, motor cars, victoria centenary 1934-1935|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Transport Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing & Fashion|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Inscriptions:||Title, front cover: "SIMPSON'S / MOTOR COATS / of / GLOVE / LEATHER"
Back cover: "SIMPSON'S GLOVES / PTY. LTD. / 59 ALEXANDRA PARADE / COLLINGWOOD / VICTORIA"
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia, circa 1927|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Transport Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory