Label - Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1950s Reg. No: HT 12359
- Leather label reading "With Compliments Simpsons Gloves Pty. Ltd", circa 1950s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Square manufacturer's label made of maroon leather and embossed with gold lettering. Residue on the reverse from adhesive.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||9.2 cm (Width), 7.8 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||gloves, labels, leather products|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing & Fashion|
|Inscriptions:||"With Compliments / Simpsons Gloves Pty. Ltd"|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory