Search the collections
Shade Card - Gazelda Ltd, Leather Samples, 1936 Reg. No: HT 12360
- Shade Card with small coloured leather samples, printed and issued by Gazelda Ltd., Watford, England, 1936. Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., Melbourne were the sole agents for Gazelda in Australia.
- Shade card featuring a hard cover with a mottled brown and black textured surface, the title and deer's-head motif embossed in gold on the front cover. The four pages inside are of thick, off-white paper, each featuring eighteen rectangles of coloured leather, arranged in rows, with their shade names printed underneath in grey ink. A statement about the leather company is printed in grey on each left page. The Simpson's Gloves manufacturer's stamp is printed in black ink on the inside front and back covers. A single piece of brown leather is inserted in the front page.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||0.7 cm (Height), 17.3 cm (Width), 24.0 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||manufacturing, leather samples, colour charts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing & Fashion|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Inscriptions:||Title: "Gazelda / SHADE CARD / 1936"
|Issued By:||Ford & Banks Ltd, Watford, Australia, 1936|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1936|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection