Search the collections
Shade Card - Gazelda Ltd, 1936 Reg. No: HT 12372
- Shade Card issued by Gazelda Ltd., Watford, England in 1936. Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., Melbourne were the Sole Agents for Australia for Gazelda products.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Shade card featuring a hard cover with a mottled brown and black textured surface, the title and deer's-head motif embossed in gold on the front. The four pages inside are of thick, off-white paper, each featuring eighteen rectangles of coloured leather, arranged in rows, with their shade names printed underneath in grey ink. A statement about the leather company is printed in grey on each left page. The Simpson's Gloves manufacturer's stamp is printed in black ink on the inside front and back covers.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||0.7 cm (Height), 17.3 cm (Width), 24.0 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||manufacturing, leather samples, colour charts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing & Fashion|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Inscriptions:||Title: "Gazelda / SHADE CARD / 1936"
|Issued By:||Ford & Banks Ltd, Watford, England, Great Britain, 1936|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1936|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection