Search the collections
Shade Card - Gazelda Ltd, 1937 Reg. No: HT 12374
- Shade Card issued by Gazelda Ltd., Watford, England in 1937. Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., Melbourne were the Sole Agents for Australia for Gazelda products.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Shade card comprising a hard cover with a textured black surface, and featuring the title and a deer's-head motif embossed in gold on the front. The four pages inside are of thick, off-white paper, each featuring eighteen rectangles of coloured leather, arranged in rows, with their shade names printed underneath in dark brown ink. Photographs of the company grounds and a corresponding statement are printed in dark brown on each left page. Adhered to the front inside cover is a single sheet of white paper on which a list of stock is typewritten in purple ink.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||0.7 cm (Height), 18.7 cm (Width), 25.4 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||manufacturing, leather samples, colour charts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing & Fashion|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Inscriptions:||Title: "Gazelda / SHADE CARD / 1937"
Paper: "STOCK OF GAZELDA SUEDE AS AT jan. 30th 1939 / After making allowances for all the orders / on hand to date. All quantities subject to sale"
Further text follows.
|Issued By:||Ford & Banks Ltd, Watford, England, Great Britain, 1937|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1937-1939|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection