Catalogue - Leather Goods, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1932 Reg. No: HT 12377
- Product catalogue of leather goods from Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd, circa 1932.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Catalogue featuring a soft card cover, faun in colour, with a textured surface. The title is printed in gold ink inside a solid black square with a decorative gold border. The name of the business is printed underneath, in black, with a coiled rope and "S" motif below. Inside are 28 pale cream, glossy pages with illustrations and information about a variety of leather products, printed in dark brown ink. Black and white photographs showing men and women modelling the garments are also included. A rectangular price list, printed in dark brown ink on folded, glossy cream paper, is inserted between the pages. A hole is punched in the upper left corner, two staples along the spine secure the catalogue. Housed in a plain brown paper envelope.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Dimensions:||19.0 cm (Width), 25.5 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||leather products, leatherworking, trades|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing & Fashion|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Inscriptions:||Front cover: "CATALOGUE / of / LEATHER GOODS / SIMPSON'S / GLOVES PTY. LTD. / 488 - 496 VICTORIA STREET / NORTH RICHMOND, VIC. / AUSTRALIA"|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1932|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory