Search the collections
Digital Photograph - Advertisement Board, Women on Farms Gathering, Warragul, 30 Apr - 2 May 1999 Reg. No: MM 90566
- Photograph taken in the lead up to the 1999 Warragul Women on Farms Gathering. This image depicts an advertisement board that was placed by the roadside just outside of Warragul in order to advertise the Gathering to the local community. The advertisement board welcomes passersby to Warragul and also recognises the Gathering's sponsors; John Deere, Bank of Melbourne, Lance Reichstein Foundation and the Department of Natural Resources and Environment. The 1999 Warragul Women on Farms Gathering was the 10th Annual Gathering; during the event special celebrations were held to commemorate this milestone.
- Colour Digital Photograph
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all of the Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the voluntary nature of these events. Women from the local region usually come together approximately one to two years prior to the Gathering to begin planning and organising, which includes securing a venue, sponsorship, accommodation, catering, publicity, tours, workshops and speakers. Without the voluntary efforts of local women as well as the sponsorship from community and business organisations, the Gatherings would not be possible. This photograph recognises the voluntary contribution that women make to the organisation of the Gatherings, as well as the support shown by the local and wider community in terms of financial assistance.
- Description Of Content:
- A roadside billboard advertising the 1999 Warragul Women on Farms Gathering and major sponsors.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms. Beryl Taylor, 2006
|Tagged with:||agriculture, advertising, rural victoria, rural life, billboards, work, community groups, community organisations, gender roles, conferences, rural women, women on farms gatherings, farming information, sponsorship|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 1999 Warragul WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; JPEG|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Warragul, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, 1999|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Warragul, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, 1999|