Search the collections
Similar items over time
Digital Photograph - Women Singing, Women on Farms Gathering, Macedon Ranges (Kyneton), 2002 Reg. No: MM 90627
- Photograph taken at the 2002 Macedon Ranges (Kyneton) Women on Farms Gathering. This image depicts a group of women participating in a singalong.
- Colour Digital Photograph
- Statement Of Significance:
- The sharing of music, poetry and dance is an important feature of the Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings. Bringing women together for a shared purpose, such activities have helped to break down personal barriers and have offered opportunities for women to express feelings, share experiences, receive validation from others and recharge their batteries. Some poems and songs have been especially written for the occasion and some have been adapted from traditional verse. All of them have honoured the coming together of women as farmers, wives, mothers, teachers, volunteers, supporters and enablers - working alone, with each other, and alongside men.
- Description Of Content:
- A group of women participate in a singing workshop at the 2002 Macedon Ranges (Kyneton) Women on Farms Gathering.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Anna Lottkowitz - Rural Women's Network Department for Victorian Rural Communities, 2006
|Tagged with:||agriculture, music, rural life, farms, conferences, rural women, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, singing, farming information|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|People Depicted:||Liz Walpole; Marion Rak; Janet Taylor; Helen Guilfoyle; Denise Kirk; Rowan O'Hagan; Louis Hotson; Ann Jarvis|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; JPEG|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Macedon Ranges, Victoria, Australia, 2002|
|Place & Date of Event:||Kyneton, Macedon Ranges, Victoria, Australia, 2002|
|Creator:||Ms Anna Lottkowitz - Rural Women's Network Department for Victorian Rural Communities, Macedon Ranges, Victoria, Australia, 2002|