Search the collections
Digital Photograph - Signing the Heritage Agreement, Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, 2003 Reg. No: MM 90678
- Photograph taken at the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering depicting the signing of the 2003 Women on Farms Gathering Heritage Agreement. The signing of this agreement occurred at the end of the Gathering, on the Sunday morning, when a special scroll was signed by representatives of all past Gatherings.
- Colour Digital Photograph
- Statement Of Significance:
- During the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering, Museum Victoria and members from the Women on Farms Gathering community signed an agreement that affirmed a shared commitment to collecting cultural material relating to the Gatherings, and to rural women in general. This agreement - titled the Agreement Between Museums Board of Victoria and Victorian Women on Farms Gathering - laid out a vision to 'protect, preserve, document, exhibit and enhance access and understanding of the stories relating to Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings.' To this end, the agreement stipulated that Museum Victoria would work in partnership with the Women on Farms Gathering Heritage Group - a committee made up of past Women on Farms Gathering committee members. The Heritage Group was to 'provide advice to Museum Victoria regarding inclusion for material in the Collection' and in turn, Museum Victoria was 'responsible for collection management and storage of the Collection'. Over the years, a large and dynamic collection emerged from this cultural partnership - not only resulting in the collection of objects, stories and oral histories, but also facilitating strong community relationships and contributing to the wider history of rural Victoria. While the formal terms of the Heritage Agreement covered a five-year period and have not been renewed, they have laid the foundations for a continued, informal partnership between Museum Victoria and the Victorian Women on Farms Gathering community.
- Description Of Content:
- Participants sign the Heritage Agreement scroll at the 2003 Yarram Women on Farms Gathering.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mrs Lyn Johnson - Women on Farms, West Gippsland, 2006
|Tagged with:||agriculture, rural victoria, rural life, community groups, conferences, rural women, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, agricultural farming organisations, museum victoria|
|Themes this item is part of:||2003 Yarram WoFG, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Making Community History: The WoFG Volunteers|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; JPEG|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Yarram, South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, 2003|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Yarram, South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, 2003|