Search the collections
Digital Photograph - Women in Pink Hats, Women on Farms Gathering, Horsham, 2004 Reg. No: MM 90730
- Image taken at the 2004 Horsham Women on Farms Gathering. This image depicts a group of women wearing pink hats that were handed out to participants in their registration bags. Pink was the key colour of the Horsham Gathering.
- Colour Digital Photograph
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and range from practical items - such as this hat - to other assorted items that are associated with the region that the Gathering is held, such as local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Description Of Content:
- Four women sit together outdoors wearing pink hats at the 2004 Horsham Women on Farms Gathering.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Buffy Harrison, 2006
|Tagged with:||hats, agriculture, rural life, gender issues, work, community groups, conferences, rural women, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; JPEG|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Horsham, Victoria, Australia, 2004|
|Creator:||Ms Buffy Harrison, Horsham, Victoria, Australia, 2004|