Similar items over time
Booklet - Racing Victoria, Phar Lap 75th Anniversary, 2005 Reg. No: HT 15587
- This booklet was produced by Racing Victoria in 2005 to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the winning of the 1930 Melbourne Cup by the racehorse Phar Lap. The information inside was supplied by Museum Victoria. It also includes details of the Australian tour of the 2005 Melbourne Cup trophy.
- A rectangular booklet consisting of 8 glossy pages printed with extensive black, white and red text and several colour photographs related to the history of the racehorse Phar Lap. On the front cover is printed the 75th Anniversary Logo, along with the name `Phar Lap' and the original black and white image on which the logo was based. On the back cover is details about the 1 month Australian tour of the 2005 Melbourne Cup trophy. The pages are secured with two metal staples along the left hand spine.
- Statement Of Significance:
- 2005 was the 75th Anniversary of Phar Lap's dramatic winning of the 1930 Melbourne Cup. Racing Victoria and Museum Victoria decided to jointly organise an advertising campaign to promote this fact to the wider community, to coincide with the 2005 Spring Racing Carnival. These items are examples of the kinds of items produced to achieve this aim. The banner is also significant as a representation of an important type of visual promotion utilised at Melbourne Museum since its opening in October, 2000.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Museum Victoria Marketing Department
|Dimensions:||14.80 cm (Width), 21.10 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||horse racing, melbourne cup racing carnival, horses, racing industry, recreation|
|Themes this item is part of:||Leisure Collection, Phar Lap Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Horse Racing|
|Inscriptions:||Text printed on front cover: PHAR LAP/ 75th anniversary/ Ch Geld 1926/ phar lap/ (Nightt Raid-Entreaty, by Winkie0/ The Celebration of 75 years a legend (followed by extensive text.)|
|Publisher:||Mr Danny Curran - Racing Victoria, Flemington, Victoria, Australia, 2005|