Similar items over time
Newspaper Clipping - Field Naturalists' Club of Victoria, Scientific Expedition to King Island, Bass Strait, 1887 Reg. No: HT 13687 5
- One of three newspaper articles describing the Field Naturalists Club of Victoria expedition to King Island in November 1887. The newspaper clippings are in an album which contains thirty-two black and white photographs [two are loose] taken by A J Campbell during the expedition. The album [HT 13687] also includes maps of King Island in the inside front cover and back page. One of the newspaper clippings, written by one of the members of the party, documents the mission of the expedition thus: 'It is our intention, before the introduction of numerous foreign plants and animals rendered it impossible to do so, to ascertain as precisely as we could in the short time at our disposal the fauna and flora indigenous to the island.'
Newspaper article reporting on a scientific expedition to King Island by the Field Naturalists Club of Victoria in November 1887.
- Three newspaper clippings pertaining to the one article pasted on off-white card in a bound photographs album.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Museum Victoria Museum Archive, 2006
|Tagged with:||exploration, natural environment, newspapers|
|Themes this item is part of:||The Field Naturalist Trip to King Island, 1887, Field Naturalists Exploration to King Island, 1887, Field Naturalists Explorations Party to King Island, 1889, A.J. Campbell Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, Science & Measurement Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria|
|Primary Classification:||NATURAL SCIENCES|
|Secondary Classification:||Field Naturalists|
|Inscriptions:||Handwritten in black ink above the clipping: " 'Daily Telegraph' 22nd Nov. 1887"
Printed title of newspaper article: "KING"S ISLAND: FIELD NATURALISTS EXPLORATION PARTY.".
|Place & Date Depicted:||King Island, Bass Strait, Tasmania, Australia, 1887|
|Publisher:||The Daily Telegraph, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 22 Nov 1887|
|Organisation Named:||Field Naturalists Club of Victoria, 1887|
This item is part of the following themes:
- The Field Naturalist Trip to King Island, 1887
- Field Naturalists Exploration to King Island, 1887
- Field Naturalists Explorations Party to King Island, 1889
- A.J. Campbell Collection
- Images & Image Making Collection
- Leisure Collection
- Science & Measurement Collection
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Field Naturalists Club of Victoria