Search the collections
Wine Glass - Women on Farms Gathering, Healesville, Yarra Valley, 2000 Reg. No: HT 19123
- Wine glass given to participants of the 2000 Yarra Valley (Healesville) Women on Farms Gathering. This glass celebrated and promoted the wine-growing region of the Yarra Valley. During the Gathering weekend participants also participated in a wine and cheese tour, as well as a viticulture tour.
- Wine glass, ovoid top on plain stem and foot. Lettering and design etched into bowl design shows woman with hat, holding fruit in arms, sauce bottles adjacent. Hens in farmyard, flowers and a computer in front of a horse looking over a gate. Barn in middle ground with rolling hills and lowering sun in background.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Jenny Patterson, 2005
|Dimensions:||188 mm (Height), 70 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, wine, rural life, viticulture, rural women, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, agricultural farming organisations, sponsorship|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: WOMEN ON FARMS GATHERING / 2000 / Dare To Dream / Women Farming The New Millenium / HEALESVILLE-YARRA VALLEY.|
|Place & Date of Event:||Healesville, Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia, 2000|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Healesville, Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia, 2000|
|References:||Oral histories and photographs|