Shoes - J. & E. Robertson, Pink Leather, 1946-1952 Reg. No: HT 15835
- A pair of baby's or young child's shoes, made from dusky pink leather, with pink woven laces. They were made by J. & E. Robertson, a shoe manufacturer located at 64 Hoddle Street, Clifton Hill.
The shoes are part of a collection of objects which belonged to Ann Margaret Salter of Thornbury between 1946 and 1952.
- A pair of baby's shoes, made from dusky pink leather, with pink woven laces. The shoes had been machine stitched and lined with a white cotton material.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mrs Sue O'Connell, 2005
|Dimensions:||5.00 cm (Height), 6.00 cm (Width), 12.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||adoption, child welfare, religions, religions roman catholic, toys, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945|
|Themes this item is part of:||Childhood & Youth Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Leisure Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Stamped, insided shoe: SERAPH SHOES/J. & E. ROBERTSON/APPROVAL NO. 2047.|
|Date Used:||Thornbury, Victoria, Australia, 1946-1952|
|Manufacturer:||J. & E. Robertson|
|References:||The Encyclopedia of Australian Dolls, M.Fainges, 1993; Letter from Donor, 2005|