Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place Depicted Nottingham, United Kingdom
Postcard Transparency - 'Market Street, Nottingham', 1900-1910 Reg. No: MM 92690
- Postcard transparency made by W.H. Berlin. Features a printed black and white photograph of a city street scene. A central road is framed on either side by brick buildings with cut-out windows.
The card is designed to be viewed against light.
- Black and white photograph printed on blue card depicting a city street scene. The card has been cut out from the building windows, car headlights, street lamps and moon and then replaced with white semi transparent paper. Printed text in black ink along bottom and side edges.
Reverse features printed text in green ink.
- Description Of Content:
- Blue city street scene. Sections of card has been cut out from the building windows, car headlights, street lamps and moon and then replaced with white semi transparent paper. Designed to be viewed against light.
- Acquisition Information:
- Loan & Subsequent Donation from Australian Film Institute (AFI)
|Dimensions:||139 mm (Height), 90 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, correspondence, motion picture films, novelty, postcards, pre-cinema moving images|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Francis Collection|
|Tertiary Classification:||images (to be classified)|
|Original Caption:||Market Street, Nottingham|
|Inscriptions:||Front, printed text: 'Market Street, Nottingham / Made by W.H., Berlin. No. 3107.'
Reverse, printed text: 'POST CARD. / THIS SPACE MAY BE USED / FOR COMMUNICATION / FOR INLAND POSTAGE ONLY. (Post Office Regulation.) / THE ADDRESS ONLY TO BE WRITTEN HERE. / INLAND 1/2 d. / STAMP / FOREIGN / 1d.'.
|Date Made:||W.H. Berlin, 1900-1910|
|Place Depicted:||Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, Great Britain, 1900-1910|