Search the collections
History Board - Women on Farms Gathering, Shepparton, 2007 Reg. No: HT 18801
- History board compiled by Robin Pettigrew of the organising committee for the Shepparton Women on Farms Gathering in 2007, illustrating the highlights from the gathering.
Following the first history display at the North East Gathering in 2001, subsequent organising committees created their own history boards to illustrate the highlights of their particular gathering. These were displayed as part of a the larger collection of history boards at many gatherings.
- Laminated paper poster. One side features images and text. Stored rolled in Australia Post poster tube.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The 18th Women on Farms Gathering was held in Shepparton at the Parklake Convention Centre, May 18 - 20 2007. These key objects, icons and documents reflect both the continued traditions of the gatherings (icons, history boards, promotional material and proceedings) and the unique flavour the 'food bowl' region bought to the gathering tradition (map). The theme for Shepparton was 'Rural Women on the Moove', and featured one of Shepparton's painted cow statues as it's logo. The committee received its inspiration for the theme and logo from the Greater Shepparton Council's 2002, Cow parade which is a world wide moving art project. The Proceedings and registration form are important documents of the activities and outcomes of the Gathering. The proceedings contain details of the Organising Committee, sponsor acknowledgements, program, speakers, and feedback from participants. The other items were collected from the Gathering, and represent what was given to all participants. They offer insights into the types of 'souvenirs', range of sponsorship, and the messages that the Shepparton Gathering wished to provide participants.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Rein Silverstein - Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Shepparton Committee, 2007
|Dimensions:||780 mm (Height), 565 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, rural life, gender issues, work, display boards, farms, rural women, women on farms gatherings|
|Themes this item is part of:||Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Tertiary Classification:||exhibition heritage|
|Creator:||Robin Pettigrew - Women on Farms Gathering, Australia, 2007|
|Place & Date of Event:||Shepparton, Victoria, Australia, 18 May 2007- 20 May 2007|