Search the collections
Telephone - Yellow, Red & Green Plastic, circa 1950s Reg. No: HT 18836
- Yellow, red and green plastic telephone. Possibly a money box.
Used and owned by Bill Boyd in the 1950s.
The William Boyd Childhood Collection includes most of the childhood possessions of William (Bill) Boyd, who was born in 1947 and raised in the Victorian town of Maryborough. Kept by Lillian Boyd (Bill's mother) for decades, upon her death the Collection was donated by Bill to the former Museum of Childhood at Edith Cowan University in Western Australia. When the Museum of Childhood closed it was transferred to Museum Victoria.
- Small yellow toy telephone with green dial and red handset.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Edith Cowan University Museum of Childhood, 2008
|Dimensions:||70 mm (Height), 140 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||children s play, communications, telephones, toys|
|Themes this item is part of:||William Boyd Childhood Collection, Childhood & Youth Collection, Information & Communication Collection, Leisure Collection|
|Primary Classification:||GAMES & TOYS|
|Secondary Classification:||Domestic Toys|
|Tertiary Classification:||(to be classified)|
|Past Owner:||Edith Cowan University Museum of Childhood, Churchlands, Western Australia, Australia, 1992-2008|
|User:||Mr William Boyd, Maryborough, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|