Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Bicycle Clips, circa 1950s Reg. No: HT 18945
- Pair of metal bicycle clips.
Used and owned by Bill Boyd in the 1950s.
The William Boyd Childhood Collection includes most of the childhood possessions of William (Bill) Boyd, who was born in 1947 and raised in the Victorian town of Maryborough. Kept by Lillian Boyd (Bill's mother) for decades, upon her death the Collection was donated by Bill to the former Museum of Childhood at Edith Cowan University in Western Australia. When the Museum of Childhood closed it was transferred to Museum Victoria.
- Standard pair of metal cycle clips for preventing trousers getting grease stains from chain wheel.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Edith Cowan University Museum of Childhood, 2008
|Dimensions:||8 mm (Height), 92 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||bicycle components, bicycles, recreation|
|Themes this item is part of:||William Boyd Childhood Collection, Childhood & Youth Collection, Leisure Collection, Transport Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Tertiary Classification:||safety equipment|
|Past Owner:||Edith Cowan University Museum of Childhood, Churchlands, Western Australia, Australia, 1992-2008|
|User:||Mr William Boyd, Maryborough, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|