Search the collections
Travel Mug - Women on Farms Gathering, Berriwillock, 2008 Reg. No: HT 21950
- Green plastic travel mug, with Women on Farms Gathering 2008 Berriwillock logo, packed in white cardboard box, given to all participants.
The mug is a very practical recurring ritual of the Gatherings, whereby each participant is given a mug and must then use it for all catering events over the weekend, thus eliminating the need to hire extra crockery and someone to wash-up. It is also a souvenir to take home, reminding the participant of the Gathering weekend.
- Green plastic insulated travel mug, with matt black plastic base, rim with handle and screw on lid with sliding mouthpiece cover. Interior is shiny black plastic. Features a 2008 Berriwillock logo printed in gold. Packed in a white cardboard box.
- Statement Of Significance:
- The 19th Women on Farms Gathering was held in Berriwillock at the Berriwillock Town Hall, April 4-6, 2008. The theme for Berriwillock was 'Back to Basics' with a spirit of 'women opening the gates', and featured gates as its logo. The committee received its inspiration for the theme and logo from their town and community. Unable to promise luxurious facilities or accommodation due to drought and rural downturn, the 2008 Berrwillock organising committee hoped to share what they had in the spirit of friendship and community. This mug is one of several items that were given to all participants. It offers an insight into the types of 'souvenirs', range of sponsorship, and the messages that the Berriwillock Gathering wished to provide participants.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Allison Watson - Women on Farms Gathering Committee - Berriwillock, 2008
|Dimensions:||180 mm (Height), 118 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, rural victoria, rural life, gender issues, work, conferences, rural women, women on farms gatherings, agricultural farming organisations, mugs|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, 2008 Berriwillock WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Text: BACK TO BASICS AT BERRIWILLOCK / 2008 / Women opening / the gate to Agriculture.|
|Place Collected:||Berriwillock, Victoria, Australia, 2008|
|Place & Date of Event:||Berriwillock, Victoria, Australia, 2008|