Search the collections
Bag - Calico, 'Take Time to Smell the Roses', Benalla, 2005 Reg. No: HT 21690
- Cloth carry bag used by delegates at the 2005 Benalla Women on Farms Gathering. This bag was distributed to participants of the Gathering upon arrival and registration. It contained a number of flyers from sponsors and details of the weekend events and local attractions.
- A large cloth cream bag with shoulder strap and red logo.
- Statement Of Significance:
- A key feature that unites all Victorian Women on Farms Gatherings is the tradition of giving gifts and souvenirs to participants. These gifts are usually sourced from the region that the Gathering is held and include local foodstuffs, pamphlets and handcrafted goods. They are usually handed to participants at the beginning of the Gathering during registration, and are often contained within a bag, such as this 2005 Benalla Gathering bag. This tradition of gift-giving allows the local organising committee to showcase their region's produce, as well as to make their guests feel welcome from the outset of the Gathering weekend.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions, 2008
|Dimensions:||385 mm (Width), 420 mm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, bags, rural victoria, rural life, farms, conferences, rural women, women s associations, women on farms gatherings, agricultural farming organisations|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Victorian Women on Farms Gathering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, 2005 Benalla WoFG|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Community Activity - Women on Farms Gathering|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on calico, red ink: "Time to Smell the Roses. Benalla 2005".|
|Creator:||Victorian Women on Farms Gathering, Benalla, Victoria, Australia, 2005|
|Place & Date of Event:||Benalla, Victoria, Australia, 04 Apr 2005-06 Apr 2005|