Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Buildings & Pipes at the Kodak Factory, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1940s Reg. No: MM 96565
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph of the Kodak Australasia factory site in Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1940s.
The photograph features factory buildings to the right of the image and shows a system of pipes linking various buildings together. These pipes carried distilled water, chilled water, steam (the large lagged pipe) and brine (which was used to set the emulsion) around the factory site to manufacturing buildings.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph, printed on medium weight paper, portrait format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- The photograph features a factory site. The image consists of factory buildings to the right, with trees to the left, and shows a system of pipes linking various building together. Water tanks are visible on the roof of a building in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||104 mm (Height), 77 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||buildings, factories, manufacturing plants, pipes, trees, photography, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse, Baker & Rouse, Abbotsford Workshops, Kodak Australasia|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory exterior views|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, circa 1940s|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, circa 1940s|