Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Organisation Depicted Abbotsford, Australia
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Airgraph Film Inspection Projector, 1920-1940 Reg. No: MM 96610
- Black and white, sepia toned silver gelatin photograph of an Airgraph Film Inspection Projector, Kodak Australasia, 1920-1940.
The machine was used to identify errors in film. The film was possibly projected on the wall and then viewed.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, sepia toned, silver gelatin photograph printed on medium weight paper, portrait format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- Photograph of a box-shaped machine with a lens and two spools for film to wind through and a rotating cylinder to move the spools. On the front is a small metal plaque with 'AIRGRAPH INSPECTION PROJECTOR' embossed on it as well as a serial number.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||101 mm (Height), 91 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||photographic equipment, projectors, manufacturing, photography|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory interior views|
|Inscriptions:||Back, handwritten, black pen: 'FILM INSPECTION MACHINE'|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1920-1940|