Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Photographic Studio, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1930s Reg. No: MM 96612
- Black and white, sepia toned silver gelatin photograph of a photographic studio, Kodak Australasia, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1930s.
This is one half of a photographic print [refer to MM 96613]. In this section of the print, the photographic studio features a photographic enlarger and processing facilities. There are trays and photochemicals along a row of tables for developing. There are standing floodlights and along the wall there are framed photographs. The set up was possibly used for evaluating products.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, sepia toned, silver gelatin photograph printed on medium weight paper. The original print would have been landscape format.
- Description Of Content:
- At the front of the image is a row of tables positioned diagonally in the photograph with five developing trays and bottles containing liquid. There is a rack of test tubes to the right and two measuring containers to the left. Far left on the table is a photographic enlarger. Behind the tables are three standing floodlights. An electrical chord is running vertically to the ceiling and is attached to a suspended contraption, possibly a form of lighting. On the wall to the right, there is a double hang of framed and mounted photographs, To the rear of the image there are chairs and a rug is visible on the wooden floor.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||108 mm (Height), 164 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||photographic equipment, photographic studios, photographic accessories, photography, factories|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse, Baker & Rouse|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory interior views|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1939|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1939|