Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Photographic Studio, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1930s Reg. No: MM 96613
- Black and white, sepia toned silver gelatin photograph of a photographic studio, Kodak Australasia, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1930s.
This is one half of a photographic print [refer to MM 96612]. In this section of the print, the photographic studio features a large photographic enlarger. To the rear is a camera on a stand. The set up was possibly used for evaluating products.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, sepia toned, silver gelatin photograph printed on medium weight paper. The original print would have been landscape format.
- Description Of Content:
- At the centre of the image is a large photographic enlarger with the base on the ground. Behind this is a camera on a stand. Along the wall is a double hang of framed and mounted photographs.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||107 mm (Height), 164 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||photographic equipment, photographic studios, photography, factories, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse, Baker & Rouse, Abbotsford Workshops, Kodak Australasia|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory interior views|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1939|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1939|